In an effort to spur myself to post something here, I started a number of blank entries for reviews I want to write. I thought the reserved space for a future entry would fake me out into filling it up with text.
First, my distraction was with the Great Music Library Rip of 2006. Now, I’m at work with Eponymous 4, my bedroom studio project. As long as I’m directing my energies there, I’m pretty much phoning in everything else.
So Musicwhore.org is going to be neglected for a little while longer. If something newsworthy pops up, I’ll post. For now, I’m going to risk of stealing my own thunder — or making myself accountable to write — and list all the reviews I’ve been putting off:
- Dylan Rice, Wandering Eyes. I’m having a hard time writing this review because I can’t be objective about it. I have a crush on this guy.
- Sacha Sacket, Shadowed. I’m not sure I have more to say other than, "His voice is pretty".
- Antony and the Johnsons, I Am a Bird Now. Because I’m a motherfucking hipster!
- Ex-Boyfriends, Dear John. Because there will be no more albums by the Butchies.
- Ari Gold, Ari Gold. I’m kind of distracted by the fact this guy looks really good without a shirt.
- Morrissey, Ringleader of the Tormentors. I like this album. I just don’t love it enough to play it all the time.
- Hatakeyama Miyuki, Reflection. Stick with the "Ai ni Melody" single.
- Van Tomiko, farewell. The jazz sound suits her, so much so I wish it were a bit more adventurous.
I also want to review some rediscovered albums from my collection, stuff I encountered during the Great Music Library Rip of 2006. I still have to figure out what, though.