However much I would like to write entries about the following topics individually, I think I’m just going to a brain dump and hope I can elucidate at a later time.
Reviews I still intend to write:
ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION, World World World
Emmylou Harris, All I Intended to Be
- Huang Ruo, Chamber Concerto Cycle (International Contemporary Ensemble)
Janet Jackson, Discipline
Madonna, Hard Candy
Metalchicks, either St. Wonder or the self-titled album (haven’t decided which)
Midnight Oil, Diesel and Dust (Legacy Edition)
Nico Muhly, Mothertongue
The Dead Betties, Nightmare Sequence(still working on This Is My Brain on Drugs)
Upcoming releases I should have mentioned days ago
- OCEANLANE, Fan Fiction (a cover album which includes Sade’s "Smooth Operator"; that sells me right there), Aug. 6
- Quruli, "Sayonara Regret/pray", Sept. 3
Other stuff that caught my interest
- Nonesuch announced the relaunch its website, and OMG is it an improvement from the last redesign.
- YesAsia also redesigned its site, finally joining 2008 after a decade with its quaint 1998 design. It still feels a bit ghetto, though.
- Grizzly Bear readies a new album for an April 2009 release.
- In the span of three Audioslave albums, Zack de la Rocha finally releases an EP? This after reuniting with his old Rage Against the Machine band mates?
- Holy shit, Wayne Coyne is finally done filming Christmas on Mars.
- Another "Modern classical sucks! Does not!" battle in the pages of the Guardian by Joe Queenan and Tom Service.