Waterloo Records opened on April 1 some 27 years ago, and the spring storewide sale usually happens around that anniversary. This year’s sale starts this coming Thursday (April 2, 2009), and I’ve already drafted my shopping list. It consists mostly of albums I saved on Lala.
Jennifer Koh, String Poetic I’m hoping no else has the same idea because I saw only one copy of this album in the bins.
- The Replacements, Tim (remastered) Borders is clearing out its CD stock, and I snagged Let It Be for $10. I had intended to wait till the Waterloo sale. That just leaves Tim.
The Replacements, Don’t Tell a Soul (remastered) This album isn’t one of the band’s best, but it’s the first one I bought back in 1989. I already have it on CD, but I want to hear it remastered.
Emmylou Harris, Luxury Liner
Emmylou Harris, Quartet Moon in a Ten Cent Town Elite Hotel scared me off from exploring Harris’ earlier albums, despite loving Pieces of the Sky, but listening to both Luxury Liner and Quarter Moon in a Ten Cent Town in full convinced me otherwise.
ABC, The Lexicon of Love I have a soft spot for How to be a Zillionaire! as well.
If I can’t find those titles, I might pick up:
Yo Majesty, Futuristically Speaking … Never Give Up I like this a lot more than I should.
- R.E.M., Fables of the Reconstruction My only hesitation about getting this album — or Lifes Rich Pageant or Reckoning — is that And I Feel Fine is such a thorough compilation of the band’s early years.
- Neutral Milk Hotel, On Avery Island This album isn’t bad either, but I’m not sure it’s listening-in-rush-hour-traffic good.
The Austin Record Convention is also happening the same weekend, and I have a few titles I want to find:
Camouflage, Voices & Images The copy I found over at Cheapo’s is all scratched up right when "The Great Commandment" starts.
Cause & Effect, Cause & Effect Yes, Another Minute is a resequenced version of the self-titled album, but I like it more.
- Club Nouveau, Life, Love and Pain I’m surprised this album isn’t more readily available from other download retailers. Only iTunes and Rhapsody carry it.
- Exposé, Exposure I’m not even going to look for this at the Waterloo sale, and I would only really buy this as a used CD anyway. If a CD is not to be found, I’ll just download it from Lala. Eventually.